Sunday, 31 May 2015

May Empties + Reviews


I wasn't planning on doing monthly empty posts I was just going to do them every once in a while but I seem to have used up loads of stuff during May so here we are with another empties post.

Soap & Glory Girligo Moisturising Mist
I normally use Mist You Madly but I decided to try something different, Girligo has a very sweet creamy scent and is really moisturising but to be honest I wasn't a huge fan it sprays out in a milk like consistency and leaves a sticky feeling on my skin so I won't be repurchasing this.
The Body Shop Chocomania Body Scrub
I could talk about my love for the Chocomania range all day long and I am so sad that they discontinued it as it was my favourite scent from The Body Shop, this is pretty much the same as all of their body scrubs it has a gritty texture without being overly harsh and leaves skin feeling smooth and hydrated. If I could repurchase this I would but I have a full sized shower gel and body butter in the scent to keep me going.
Lush Pot 'O Gold 
Lush's limited edition product from this years Easter range, Pot 'O gold had a delicious caramelly scent with warm undertones that made it smell really comforting. I wrote a full review of this here and will definitely repurchase it if it comes back next year.
Lush Let The Good Times Roll
 I first used this when it was released as part of Lush's Christmas range in 2012 and since they added it to their permanent collection it has become a firm favourite of mine, the scent is absolutely incredible with popcorn and cinnamon it smells like some kind of pudding or chocolate bar. You can read my full review of it here and it's safe to say that I will forever repurchase this.
Ted Baker Bath Foam
I got this as part of a gift set and it sat neglected in the back of my drawers for ages but as I am currently out of Lush bath products and have promised not to buy any until I take a trip to Lush Oxford Street (very psyched for that) I used this up last week. It was alright but I wouldn't buy it for myself.
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Pretty much every Lush Fans favourite, Snow Fairy is a candy scented shower gel in a beautiful shade of pink packed with iridescent shimmer, it is one of the most moisturising shower gels I've ever used and every Christmas I stock up on bottles. My stash is now all gone which sucks but I made it nearly half way through the year without having to be without it so I'm quite pleased with that and I will definitely stock up again come December. 
Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment
I've had this for ages and used it lots last summer but once my hair got super long I stopped using it but since my last haircut I've started using it about once a week to encourage my hair to grow and add a bit more strength to my locks. As with all Lee Stafford products it has thier wonderful signature scent which is really strong and I can still smell it the day after I've washed my hair, I'm not sure whether it made my hair grow any faster as my hair grows pretty quickly anyway but it definitely improved the health of my hair so I would repurchase it as a treat.


Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment
I was expecting to absolutely love this, my skin has been quite blemish prone recently so I added this to my regular routine and hoped it would make a difference, unfortunately I didn't notice any real difference in my skin from using this and I was quite disappointed. I won't be repurchasing this as it's £19 and I don't think it improved my blemishes at all, I much prefer the Vichy Normaderm Night Detox which left my skin much clearer.
Diorskin Forever Foundation in 010
My absolute holy grail foundation I just bought my third bottle, it is quite expensive at £32.50 but it's the absolute perfect shade for me and the coverage is fantastic I wrote a bit more about it in my last beauty favourites post which you can read here.
Topshop Airbrush Primer
Another product which I expected to love but which left me utterly underwhelmed, I'm a huge fan of Topshop's beauty range and hoped that this would be a cheaper alternative to my beloved Porefessional primer. Upon testing it the texture is similar to Porefessional quite silky and soft but this doesn't have the weightless feel I like and felt quite thick and heavy on my skin, I don't feel like my foundation applied as smoothly over this but it did make my makeup last all day. I would say if you have blemish prone skin like me then this probably isn't for you, I felt like this really blocked my pores which lead to more blemishes and it just wasn't a nice product to use.
This Works: Sleeps Pillow Spray
I got this little mini sleep kit at when I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Chester, I have used up the pillow spray and really enjoyed using it I'm not sure if it helped me to sleep any better but I did feel relaxed after spraying this over my pillow.
In.Fused Coconut Coffee Body Scrub
I got this in a beauty box and was quite intrigued by it, you're supposed to grab a handful of the powdery scrub which is mostly made up of ground coffee and coconut bits infused with various oils and apply it using circular motions to encourage circulation and then stand and let the scrub 'work' for 7-10  minutes. Well lets be honest who has the time or patience to stand there for 10 minutes covered in coffee, each of the scrubs has different aims with the coconut one claiming to target stretch marks, cellulite, acne scarring and psoriasis whilst buffing and smoothing the skin. I didn't find that it made any difference to my stretch marks or cellulite but then I didn't have time to let it 'work' for 10 minutes, it was nice to use, it left my skin feeling smooth and it smelt pretty fantastic but it's not something I'd shell out £18.99 on. Also this is the messiest product I think I've ever used in the shower you get bits of coffee going literally everywhere so just be prepared to wash down the entire shower after you've used this. 

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...