Sunday, 10 May 2015

Topshop Lips in Devotion


Topshop Lips in Devotion Review

Topshop Lips in Devotion Review Close Up

Topshop Lips in Devotion Close Up Review

Topshop Lips in Devotion Swatch

It's no secret I have a slight obsession with Topshop's many beautiful lipsticks so I was pretty excited when a little browse of their site revealed 6 new shades, they all look gorgeous but I have found in the past that their shades often appear quite different online to what they actually are so I popped into Topshop pretty much everyday after work for about two weeks but the new shades still haven't come in. I tried to be patient but then I made an order for some very pretty boots in the Topshop sale and I couldn't help myself so I added Devotion to my order as this was the shade that I was most excited about. 
Unsurprisingly the shade is slightly different to how it appears on the Topshop website, online it looks a little more cool toned and darker but the actual lipstick pretty much fits the description on the site 'dirty pink'. I was worried that I might be disappointed in the shade when it turned up but I really love it, I think the third photo most accurately shows the shade but it was quite hard to capture. I'm not a fan of nude shades as they make me look washed out so I've been on the hunt for a pink lipstick that leans towards nude in a your-lips-but-better kind of way and this completely fits the bill. As with all Topshop lipsticks the formula is fantastic, this one has a wonderful creamy finish that glides onto lips and stays put all day long, I've always been impressed with Topshop's lipsticks but this is just amazing, the quality is equal to if not better than MAC's lipsticks for nearly half the price. I'm so pleased with Devotion it's such a wearable shade, I wear a lot of bright, bold, in your face shades so it's nice to have something a little more tame to wear on days when I want a more natural paired down look.

Topshop Lipstick in Devotion Swatch On Lips

: ]

4 comments:

  1. Would you said the lipstick color IRL is more like the picture right before the swatch on your arm og it the color rosey as in the arm-swatch picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a rosey tinge to it but the picture of it on my lips is the most accurate colour
      : ]

      Delete
  2. Okay, thanks for helping! It is so hard to find online swatches of this colour but now i have to own it, it look beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is a very pretty colour
      : ]

      Delete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...