Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Birchbox- July 2015

This months Birchbox was actually a Birchbag and I have to admit it was nice to mix it up a little and take a break from the boxes which have started to take over my room plus I can imagine this little yellow bag being pretty useful for traveling. In terms of the content I was pretty impressed this month, I feel like this is the first time in months where I've looked at what's in the 'box' and thought yeah ok I'm quite excited to use all of this.

First up is the little added extra to this months box, a Spa To You nail file it's not massively exciting but I'm constantly misplacing my nail files so it was nice to get another fairly sturdy looking one.

Like most red heads I burn like an absolute bitch the moment the sun comes out so I'm always happy to get products like this which will cool and soothe burnt or irritated skin and I will definitely be popping this in my suitcase for my holiday in a couple of weeks. 

I've tried a few Balance Me products including their Cleanse & Smooth Face Balm which I absolutely loved so I'm excited to try their Congested Skin Serum which aims to restore balance to skin, clear pores and prevent breakouts. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest, the packaging looks so much like a nail varnish I'm reluctant to put it on my face, but as I've used and loved liquids highlighters such as Benefit's High Beam I tested it out on the back of my hand and was actually pleasantly surprised. Glow Getter is much more bronze toned than High Beam and I was worried that it would be too harsh on my pale complexion but it's really easy to blend out to leave just a shimmery glow to skin. It's definitely not something I would use on a daily basis but for an evening look I think this will be useful. 

Benefit's Dream Screen is a product I've had my eye on for a while so I was really pleased to see it in this month's box. This is spf 45 which is more than enough to fully protect the skin from Sun damage and it doesn't feel too thick which is great. I haven't had chance to use this yet as the weather's been abysmal but I'll be popping it in my makeup bag to take on holiday. 

My favourite thing in this month's box, a POP eyeshadow trio in Peach Parfait which is a set of gorgeous warm shimmery nudes. I've recently rekindled my love for my Urban Decay Naked palette but it's quite bulky to take on holiday so this little trio will really come in handy for the few trips I've got coming up and the shades are perfect for my skin tone.  

You can sign up to Birchbox here

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...