Friday, 31 July 2015

June & July Empties

I missed my empties post last month so this month we have a rather hefty one, this is everything I've used up during June and July.

Aussie Take The Heat Conditioner
I've always loved Aussie haircare but I've finally used up the last of my stash of products so I've decided to take a little break and try something new.

Daisy Marc Jacobs Shower Gel
I got this in a giftset with the Daisy perfume but I find that I never enjoy the shower gels as much as the fragrances themselves so it took me ages to use it up.

Bumble And Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo
I quite liked this to begin with and it's a fairly nice shampoo to give hair a bit of shine and movement but I wouldn't repurchase it as I don't feel it's worth the £18.50 price tag and I'm currently working my way through Lush's huge range of shampoo bars.

Bumble And Bumble Seaweed Mild Marine Conditioner
Another slightly disappointing product from Bumble And Bumble, I thought a lightweight conditioner would leave my hair shiny and light but this was just way too light for my thick hair and I felt that my hair was a little dry after using this. 

Bumble And Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil 
The last of my Bumble And Bumble empties and this one was more impressive, as the name would suggest it's an incredibly lightweight oil that leaves hair soft and sleek but not weighed down, I actually got this free with an order but it impressed me so much I'd definitely consider buying a full size. 

Soap And Glory Hand Maid 
Since working in retail and bra fitting I find that it's always best to carry some hand sanitizer with me and it doesn't hurt that this has Soap & Glory's gorgeous signature scent.

The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Perfector
Whilst I did enjoy using this I purchased a new serum after this which I like much better but if you want to read my full thoughts about this you can do so here.


Sleek Eyebrow Stylist in Light 
I really liked this, the shade is great and it's super easy to apply but I found that the nib tended to break off really easily so I used it up really quickly so I won't be repurchasing it.

Maybelline Brow Satin Pencil in Mahogany Red
The colour of this is absolutely perfect for me, there is a serious lack of eyebrow products that actually cater for red heads so I was pretty excited to try this, I wish this was just a basic twist up pen but it's double ended so it also has a powder end with a slightly strange sponge applicator. I can't really see the point in the powder end I don't see how you're supposed to use it on your brows and because of this the twist up end is half the length it could be, so I used this up way too quickly to justify buying it again. 

Collection Eyebrow Definer in Blonde
This is my new favourite eyebrow product and I've tried a fair few in the past couple of months hence why there are three in this empties post, this is super cheap like all of Collections products the colour isn't quite as perfect as the Maybelline one it's a little cool toned but it applies nice and dark and the nib is thin enough to apply in little strokes. 

Lush Charity Pot
I find these little pots of body lotion to be quite handy to pop in my bag and all the money from  the Charity Pot goes straight to helping Lush's many great charities plus it smells divine.

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter
Chocomania was my absolute favourite scent from The Body Shop and I was so sad when they discontinued the range so everytime they have a sale I pop in to see if they've got any old stock left, last time I picked up a few body butters and a shower gel. 

St Ives Apricot Scrub 
Having rediscovered this back in March I've gone through several tubes and I still love it just as much and just repurchased it, you can read my full thoughts about it here.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+
I absolutely loved this when I first started using it but towards the end of the tube I started to feel like it wasn't doing all that much for my skin and I'm now using Vichy's Normaderm Night Detox which I feel suits my skin much better.

My Little Box Micellar Water
I used this as a makeup remover as I'm trying to stop using face wipes and my skin definitely felt better for it, as this is only available through My Little Beauty which doesn't ship to the UK I can't repurchase this and so I bought Benefit's Makeup Remover instead which I'm loving.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash
This has become my go to cleanser it's fairly cheap at £5 a tube and it does wonderful things to my skin, tea tree is renowned for it's antibacterial properties which makes it excellent for preventing blemishes. I bought another tube of this before I ran out and I will continue to repurchase this again and again. 

: ]


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...