Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Lush Oxford Street- The Experimenter Bath Bomb



In case you missed my recent haul video (you can watch it here) I popped to Lush Oxford street a few weeks ago and came out with a huge array of pretty new products to try, it's taken me a few weeks to get around to using things but today I bring you the first of my many product reviews. 
The first thing which I was dying to try was The Experimenter, by far the most colourful of Lush's new bath bombs, a hexagonal bomb with four different colours on the outside and a purple centre. Once popped in the bath this fizzed about for a good while making beautiful tie dye style swirls on the water and I can't lie I did just sit there in a kind of trance watching all the different patterns emerge. It also has a fair amount of popping candy in it but to be honest I'm not a massive fan of popping candy in my bath products, I just don't feel that it adds anything to my bathing experience. 
Scent wise I did really like this out of the bath, it has Vetivert Oil as the main scent which creates an earthy smoky aroma that's supposed to soothe and relax, alongside this is Tonka Absolute and Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute which give it a creamy sweet edge.  I did find that once in the water I wasn't overly keen on the scent I don't think the two scents worked that well together, I probably would have preferred this without the sweet tones in it as they seemed to contrast the smokiness too much. 
Once it's finished spinning around you're left with somewhat grey murky looking water with a touch of sparkle to it. I personally didn't mind the grey as I kind of expected it as that's what happens when you mix a bunch of colours together but I know some people have felt disappointed with the grey after all the colour that came out of the bomb. 
Overall I'm glad I tried it as the colours were beautiful and it was lovely to watch but the scent just wasn't for me. 


: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...