Monday, 17 August 2015

Birchbox August 2015


I can't believe I'm blogging about the August Birchbox already, this year is absolutely flying by in fact we've just had our first bit of Christmas stock come in at work I kid you not we have pjs with robins on and the tag is covered in baubles which is making me seriously depressed. So this months Birchbox came in a rather cheery box to keep me happy as I cling to the last days of summer, there was a nice mix of products in the box covering skincare, makeup and haircare as well as some cute emoji style stickers as a little lifestyle extra. I'll be honest I wasn't immediately wowed by the content of this months box in the same way that I was last month but after looking at all the products individually I'm pretty happy with my August box.

I've actually never tried any Rituals Products which is kind of surprising as we sell them at work and I've heard really great things about them so I was happy to see this in my box, I will be taking this on holiday with me this week as I'm going away to the seaside for a few days with my mom and then we're stopping in Chester for a few days as well. I was on the verge of buying myself a little Soap & Glory scrub to take away as the only scrubs I have at the moment are solid ones from Lush which do not travel well so this couldn't have come at a better time and the scent is absolutely wonderful, I love using orange scented things in the shower as it's such an uplifting happy scent so I'm really looking forward to trying this.

Kebelo are a brand I've never heard of before so I don't really know what to expect from this and I'm a bit wary of clarifying shampoos after using Bumble & Bumble's Sunday Shampoo which really dried out my scalp and hair, also the scent of this isn't all that pleasant, it's a little bit clinical in my opinion. I don't use a whole lot of products in my hair on a day to day basis so I'll probably save this until I feel like my hair really needs a good clean as I'm trying to be a bit more gentle on my scalp and hair.

Again a brand I am unfamiliar with, at first I thought it was a little moisturiser but it's actually an exfoliator, it has a rich creamy texture so I imagine it's quite a gentle exfoliator which sounds perfect for those with dry or sensitive skin but I'm not sure how my oily combination skin will get on with it as I'm worried the sesame oil may leave my skin a bit greasy but I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

I always let out a little sigh when I see a bronzer in a beauty box as they're nearly always too dark for me and unfortunately I suspect that may be the case with this one. Being super pale I don't tend to use bronzers anyway but if I do I like something peachy and kind of sheer, this is sort of peach toned so I'm going to give it a go but I think this will probably be going to a friend although I adore the packaging.

Lord & Berry Blush in Lotus
Another beauty product and this is much more up my street, I've tried a few Lord & Berry products and tend to like them so I have high hopes for this and the shade is the kind I would pick out for myself. My only issue with this is that it's a pretty small sample which makes it hard to apply with my much larger blush brush and the fact it's in a loose pan means I can pretty much only use this at home as I have nothing to put it in to stop it getting broken in my makeup bag. 

Another new brand to me and these sound great, I've been loving tea tree products recently so can't wait to try them and I really like the idea of these. They're basically little patches that you put on a blemish before you go to bed and during the night they reduce the size and redness of the spot, I've used a few liquid spot treatments recently without much luck and I think this type of product may work better as its easy to target just the blemish without drying out the healthy skin around it. 

So all in all a decent box, you can sign up to birchbox here for £10 per month plus p&p. 

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...