Saturday, 22 August 2015

Lush- Pink Flamingo Reusable Bubble Bar


Another Lush review for you today and this is one of the products I was most excited about. 
Pink flamingo is a sweet scented reusable bubble bar, Lush brought out quite a range of new bubble wands and reusable bars when they opened the Oxford street store and despite not being a fan of the bubble wands I knew I'd end up trying a few. 
The scent of this is bound to appeal to fans of Lush's much beloved Snow Fairy as it's super sweet and a bit sugary but there are fruity tones which make it feel more like Snow Fairy's tropical cousin, Pink Flamingo has a mix of Rosewood Oil, Bergamot Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, and Macadamia Nut Oil which combined with the adorable flamingo design  make it a perfect  summery treat. 
Normally you can get quite a few baths out of the reusable bars which is why they cost more than the usual bubble bars, this is where Pink Flamingo disappointed me. Lush were obviously trying to make this a little different and more interesting than their other bubble wands and so the orange bit in the centre of the wand is actually a bath bomb, this was a nice idea but in practice it doesn't work so well. As soon as you start waving this around in the water the orange part starts to fizz and this is the part that sticks the bar to the wand so one it's all fizzled out my bar broke in half and the stick came out which meant I only got two baths out of this bar which isn't great value for £5.95. But back to the positives it made the water a beautiful pink colour and made mountains of bubbles which lasted throughout my bath. 
I did enjoy using this and I think I would buy it again as a treat or a gift for someone but I wish Lush had foregone the bath bomb part so I could get a few more uses out of this delightful little flamingo.


: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...