Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Birchbox August 2015- Happy Birchday!


Birchbox August 2015 5 year anniversary box
Birchbox August 2015 Contents of Birchbox's 5 year anniversary box
This months Birchbox marked their 5th anniversary hence the super cute birthday themed box and I think my expectations were a little higher than usual, I expected them to go all out and I although I liked the items I got in my box I feel like the sample sizes were especially small this month. The two makeup products were especially small samples and I was kind of disappointed when I realised just how little there was in each of the tubes which is why I took the photo below to show you. I do sort of expect Benefit samples to be small as they're quite pricey and with products like this blotting stick you don't need to use loads at a time but the lip/cheek pen seems a little stingy considering the size of the tube and I kind of feel like it's a bit misleading. But anyway enough moaning lets get back to talking about the contents of my September box.


Lifestyle extra- Birchbox Birchbrush
Lifestyle extra- Birchbox Birchbrush
This is pretty much a smaller dupe of the Tangle Teezer which I already own but I guess this could be useful for keeping at Pete's and it's always good to have a spare.

Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser
Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser
I'll be honest I've tried Beauty Protector products before and quite enjoyed using them so I was initially quite happy to see this until I realised it's a shower gel and not a hair product so it kind of fell a little flat especially as I'm currently obsessed with my Lord Of Misrule shower cream from Lush so this will probably be saved for a weekend away. 

John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
The first product in my box which I know I'll love, I've never tried John Masters products before but I absolutely love the scent of Neroli and I'm constantly waging war on my thick tangled mane so hopefully this should be a winner for me.

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
This sounds ideal for my skin as it claims to degrease pores and prevent blemishes but it also sounds quite harsh and as the weather has gotten colder this month I'm a little worried this might dry my skin out too much but I'll give it a go.

Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil in Cray-Cray
Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil in Cray-Cray
I've tried a couple of Laqa & Co's lip pencil in previous boxes and quite liked them but this just isn't me I'm afraid, I also feel like this is a really summery shade that would have perhaps been welcome in my June or July box rather than September.

Benefit The POREfessional: License To Blot
Benefit The POREfessional: License To Blot
This was the other product in this months box which I was really excited to try, I was really tempted to buy this when it was released as I adore the POREfessional Primer but having also tried the POREfessional: agent zero shine powder which was really disappointing I refrained from shelling out £15.50 on it. I'm looking forward to trying it out properly but after giving it a quick test I don't feel like this will be anything to write home about.

You can sign up to Birchbox here for £10 per month +p&p.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...