Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Lush | The Rough With The Smooth Body Scrub



If you're a regular reader of my blog you'll know that I adore the scent of patchouli and Lord Of Misrule is one of my all time favourite Lush fragrances so of course when I went to Lush Oxford Street I couldn't resist picking up there new body scrub which shares the Lord Of Misrule scent.
I've had mixed feelings about Lush's body scrubs; I loved Aqua Mirabilis which was really buttery whilst still being exfoliating but You Snap The Whip literally left scratches over my skin so I was kind of worried that this one may also be too rough for my skin.
I've used it a few times and it's fair to say this is a pretty tough exfoliator which uses granulated sugar to scrub you smooth, it's not as harsh as a salt scrub but on first use I found it to be a little more rough than I'd like. Luckily this also has Murumuru butter which means that it nourishes the skin whilst exfoliating so although it's quite thorough in scrubbing you smooth it doesn't dry out your skin or leave it feeling sore. 
If anyone can remember Lush's old sugar scrubs you may have found that they didn't last all that long as the sugar tended to turn mush if you got it too wet which obviously isn't ideal for a product you're going to use in the shower. With Rough With The Smooth I'm finding that it's lasting much better than I expected as the Murumuru butter and scented oils stop the sugar from dissolving so quickly although since I used it for the first time it's never dried out between uses, it always has a layer of moisture on the top of the bar which isn't great for storing it between uses. 

: ]




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...