Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Lush Kitchen | Snake Oil Scalp Bar



Snake Oil Scalp Bar- £5.50

This may not be the most exciting Lush product ever but I was absolutely thrilled to see this in the Lush Kitchen a couple of months ago. I get tonsillitis about 3 times a year and after my last bout I noticed that my scalp became really dry and flaky which I can only assume was a reaction to the antibiotics I took. It seemed to get worse and worse to the point where it really started to knock my confidence and after trying a whole bunch of different products I began to lose hope that I could sort it out. So when I saw this pop into the Lush Kitchen it sounded like the perfect remedy, Snake Oil is basically a solid butter for your scalp which your melt slightly in your hands before working onto a wet scalp, you then shampoo and condition your hair as usual. 
I'll be honest the scent is very much an acquired taste and to start with I hated it but now I can tolerate it, Snake Oil smells very earthy and medicinal with a hint of peppermint oil, it's also packed with cade oil, tea tree oil lavender oil. When I first used this I was happy to find that while using it the peppermint scent came through much more and I hoped this scent would linger but unfortunately once I got out the shower the odd earthy scent returned and I could still smell that over the scent of my shampoo and conditioner which was a little disappointing. 
Despite the fact that I hate the scent I have been using this everytime I wash my hair because it really does work, even after the very first wash I found that my scalp was relatively calm with very few flaky patches and with continued use I've found that it stops the flaking completely. I did take a small break from this to see if it had completely fixed the problem and unfortunately it hadn't so for the time being I will continue to use this everytime I wash my hair. Unfortunately as this is a Kitchen product I won't be able to repurchase this but I'm finding that the bar is lasting me a really long time and I bought another whilst they were still available so I should be ok for a while. 
I really wish that Lush would bring this back to the permanent range as it's literally worked magic on my scalp and I was really pleased to find that despite the fact it's packed with shea and cocoa butter it didn't make my hair at all greasy. 

If anyone knows of any other products similar to this which really soothe a flaky scalp please leave a comment below and let me know. 

: ]

1 comment:

  1. Snake oil sounds scary! Happy to know it worked for you!
    Feel free to give me a visit <3

    mandyshareslife.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...