Saturday, 13 February 2016

MAC Peachykeen Sheertone Shimmer Blush



I've been using Benefit's Rockateur Blusher fairly religiously over the past couple of years and I decided it was time to try something new, I'm not overly adventurous when it comes to blush as I'm super pale and worry about looking like a clown so I ended up going with something fairly similar to Rockateur. 
Peachykeen is a shimmery warm toned peach that gives a rosy flush to cheeks, it's a lot more pigmented than Rockateur which I like as I sometimes find that Rockateur isn't quite dark enough even for a pale gal like me. This is labeled as a shimmer blush so I was worried that it would be overly sparkly or give an unnatural sheen to my cheeks but I find that once applied it is actually pretty matte on my skin, I suppose on a darker skin tone the shimmer would be more apparent but for me it gives a natural flush. I do apply this rather tentatively as it's quite easy to overdo it and ending up looking a bit sunburnt, so using my Real Techniques blush brush I gently swirl it over the blush, apply it lightly to the apples of my cheeks. I then sweep my Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Setting Powder over the top, this blends out the blush a little and takes away any harsh edges for a more natural finish. 
Overall I really like Peachykeen it's a really great blusher for winter, with just the right amount of warmth for a natural glow and the formula is great too.


: ]

1 comment:

  1. Lovely colour!

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...